Planned giving takes time. You have to plant the seed and it will eventually pay off. We include planned giving information in our client's donor newsletters.
Here are ten suggestions from the Bloomerang blog, compliments of Future Fundraising
1. Subject line. Remember what it's for: To get people to open the email.
2. Clean images with small file sizes.
3. Personalized greeting. Use the recipient's name. Unless you know things are likely to go awry.
4. Donor-centric tone. Make it about them, not you.
5. Specific appeal. As them to do one specific thing.
6. Suggest donation amounts.
7. Communicate impact. Show them they can make a difference.
8. Short -- get them to your website.
9. Personalized signature.
10. Style and grammar rules don't apply. Warmth, urgency, and connection do.
Original article: https://bloomerang.co/blog/10-steps-to-a-successful-fundraising-appeal-email/